Asbestos at Chloride Batteries, Clifton, Swinton, 1954-1989
16 Apr 2020
We act for the family of the late Joan Hill who sadly died as a result of an asbestos related cancer, mesothelioma, in November last year. Joan’s family are devastated by their loss and are seeking justice for their Mum’s illness and her untimely passing away.
Joan was a Salford girl through and through, born in the area and then growing up in Swinton, she worked in cotton mills before going to Chloride Batteries in Clifton, and then working as a dinner lady at Clifton County Primary School.
Mrs Hill developed mesothelioma as a result of her exposure to asbestos dust and debris. Her husband Ken, also worked at Chloride Batteries on the production line and then as a Traction Battery Engineer. Ken brought home his dusty boiler suits which Joan washed.
It’s believed that Joan was exposed to asbestos as a result of washing Ken’s overalls and from her own work at Chloride Batteries.
Joan’s family are asking anyone who has any information about asbestos at Chloride Batteries to contact Daniel Nicholas at the Asbestos Law Partnership on 0161 883 3560 or Freephone 0808 164 3730 or alternatively via email at firstname.lastname@example.org